Stallworth, No. 8 Kentucky down No. 10 Texas A&MFeb 19, 2013 - 3:30 AM
A'dia Mathies added 13 points for the Wildcats (23-3, 11-2 SEC), who have won four in a row since falling to Georgia on Feb. 3.
Courtney Walker netted 20 points to lead Texas A&M (20-6, 10-2), which had its eight-game winning streak snapped. The Aggies also lost at Kentucky on Jan. 10.
Walker's layup pulled Texas A&M within 66-64 with 1:07 left before Bria Goss answered with a lay-in of her own. Walker then missed a 3-pointer, but Stallworth misfired on the front end of her one-and-one with 12 ticks to go to keep the Aggies' hopes alive.
Walker was fouled while converting a layup with four seconds remaining and missed the ensuing free throw intentionally, but Goss secured the rebound and victory for Kentucky.
The Wildcats took a 40-34 edge into the break.
- KENTUCKY: 70
TEXAS A&M: 66
Feb 18 9:07 PM
- KENTUCKY: 40
TEXAS A&M: 34
Feb 18 7:51 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 18 7:04 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20