Duke rolls over Maryland to clinch ACC regular-season titleFeb 24, 2013 - 10:45 PM
Jones had 15 points, nine assists and eight rebounds in the win for the Blue Devils (26-1, 16-0), who clinched the ACC regular-season title. Elizabeth Williams had a game-high 16 points and seven boards, while Haley Peters and Tricia Liston scored 15 points apiece.
Tianna Hawkins had 16 points and nine boards for the Terrapins (22-5, 13-3), who had a three-game winning streak snapped. Alyssa Thomas registered 14 points, six rebounds and six assists.
Duke was down 11-10 with 15:26 left in the first half, but a jumper by Richa Jackson sparked a 9-0 run over the next 6 1/2 minutes and gave the Blue Devils a 19-11 lead.
By halftime, Duke extended its lead to 37-25.
Hawkins helped Maryland early on in the second half, scoring eight of its first 10 points, and closed the deficit to 43-35 with 16:12 remaining in regulation.
However, Jones and Peters delivered for Duke over the next six minutes, combining for all 11 points in a 11-2 run, and gave the Blue Devils a 54-37 advantage with 11 minutes to go.
- DUKE: 75
Feb 24 4:57 PM
- DUKE: 37
Feb 24 3:50 PM
- DUKE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 24 3:14 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4