Miami-Florida knocks off No. 5 DukeMar 1, 2013 - 3:08 AM Coral Gables, FL (Sports Network) - Shawnice Wilson totaled 16 points and a game-best 12 rebounds as Miami-Florida put an end to No. 5 Duke's 10-game winning streak with a 69-65 decision on Thursday.
Stefanie Yderstrom also had 16 points for the Hurricanes (19-9, 10-7 ACC), who have won three of four and finish their season on Sunday at Virginia Tech.
Krystal Saunders added 15 and Morgan Stroman posted 11 points and six boards as Miami posted its first-ever win against Duke in 11 all-time meetings.
Elizabeth Williams and Haley Peters each donated 17 points in the setback for the Blue Devils (26-2, 16-1), who hadn't lost since a 79-49 defeat at UConn on Jan. 21.
Duke's Alexis Jones launched a three-pointer to pull the visitors to 67-65 with 49 seconds on the clock, but Wilson's bucket on the ensuing possession just before the shot clock expired sealed the win.
The hosts shot 50 percent from the floor and took a 33-30 edge to the locker room.
- DUKE: 65
Feb 28 9:01 PM
- DUKE: 30
Feb 28 7:51 PM
- DUKE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 28 7:09 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 12 South Dakota State stuns fifth-seeded Miami 74-71 Mar 19
- S. Dakota St.-Miami Preview Mar 18
- No. 2 Notre Dame beats No. 21 Miami 78-67 in ACC semifinals Mar 5
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Thomas leads No. 21 Miami women past No. 14 FSU 74-56 Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Romero lifts No. 12 FSU women past No. 17 Miami 70-67 Feb 28