Mitchell ties school record as No. 10 Kentucky stomps Ole MissMar 1, 2013 - 5:04 AM Oxford, MS (Sports Network) - Kentucky head coach Matthew Mitchell tied a school record with his 138th career victory as 10th-ranked Kentucky stomped Ole Miss, 90-65, on Thursday.
With the win, Mitchell tied Terry Hall as the school's winningest women's basketball coach with 138 victories. Mitchell will look to set the record in the team's season finale on Sunday against eighth-ranked Tennessee.
A'dia Mathies scored a game-high 20 points, Janee Thompson dropped 11 and Bria Goss added 10 points for the Wildcats (24-4, 12-3 SEC), who bounced back from a 77-72 setback to LSU on Feb. 24.
Tia Faleru scored 14 points and grabbed 14 rebounds and Danielle McCray added 12 for the Lady Rebels (9-19, 2-13), who were outrebounded 57-38.
Ole Miss has dropped four straight to Kentucky.
- KENTUCKY: 90
Feb 28 9:55 PM
- KENTUCKY: 37
Feb 28 8:46 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 28 8:07 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18