Clarendon guides California past Washington StateMar 1, 2013 - 5:12 AM Pullman, WA (Sports Network) - Layshia Clarendon had a game-high 26 points and five assists to give No. 6 California a 73-60 win over Washington State.
Afure Jemerigbe had 14 points while Mikayla Lyles added nine points for the Golden Bears (26-2, 16-1 Pac-12), who have ripped off 14 straight wins since a loss to Stanford on Jan. 8.
With a win against Washington on Saturday, California will claim at least a share of its first Pac-12 championship.
Lia Galdeira had 18 points and seven rebounds and Mariah Cooks added 10 points and six boards for the Cougars (10-18, 6-11), who have dropped their past four games.
The game was close throughout the first half, but the Golden Bears closed the first 20 minutes with three consecutive 3-pointers, two from Jemerigbe and one from Clarendon, to take a 42-35 lead into the break.
A 9-0 run from California allowed the team to grab a 51-39 lead as Washington State failed to get a point for close to five minutes.
California's lead never fell below double-digits the rest of the way.
- CALIFORNIA: 73
WASHINGTON STATE: 60
Feb 28 10:45 PM
- CALIFORNIA: 42
WASHINGTON STATE: 35
Feb 28 9:45 PM
- CALIFORNIA: 0
WASHINGTON STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 28 9:02 PM
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- Trojan women beat Washington State 77-73 in Pac 12 tourney Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- Payton leads Oregon State past Washington State 69-49 Feb 28
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- Crozon, Rodriguez lead Utah women over Washington St 75-69 Feb 27
- Cooks lifts Washington State women over Arizona 62-61 Feb 21
- Brunner, No. 9 Arizona State cruise past Washingtom Feb 19
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- No. 14 UCLA women pull away from Washington State 73-61 Feb 13
- Hamblin, Weise lead No. 9 Oregon State women past WSU, 54-45 Feb 7