No. 5 Duke overcomes 15th-ranked UNCMar 4, 2013 - 12:09 AM Duke got past No. 15 North Carolina, 65-58, on Sunday.
Elizabeth Williams totaled 13 points and six rebounds, with Haley Peters adding 10 points for the Blue Devils (27-2, 17-1 ACC), who set a new record with their 17th straight in-conference victory.
Tierra Ruffin-Pratt poured in 16 points with six assists and three steals for the Tar Heels (26-5, 14-4), who lost their sixth in a row to their in- state rivals.
North Carolina helped seal its own fate by missing 19 straight field goals in a span of nearly 10 minutes in the second half, but pulled within 50-44 on a Xylina McDaniel bucket with 3:03 left.
However, the freshman missed the free throw and Duke opened up a comfortable edge it maintained for the rest of the contest after Jones hit a triple and Richa Jackson added a jumper to make it 55-44 less than a minute later.
- NORTH CAROLINA: 58
Mar 3 6:20 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA: 27
Mar 3 5:00 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 3 4:07 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1