No. 6 Duke prevails in ACC quartersMar 8, 2013 - 10:17 PM Greensboro, NC (Sports Network) - Tricia Liston supplied 26 points and 11 rebounds, as sixth-ranked Duke posted a 79-65 victory over North Carolina State in the quarterfinals of the ACC Tournament.
Alexis Jones added 17 points and eight assists for the top-seeded Blue Devils (28-2), who will face No. 23 Florida State in Saturday's semifinals.
Elizabeth Williams finished with 13 points, nine rebounds and three blocks for a Duke squad that drained 12 3-pointers.
Marissa Kastanek had 18 points for the eighth-seeded Wolfpack (16-16), who were up 57-53 with seven minutes remaining.
Duke, however, pulled away down the stretch.
NC State beat Clemson in the first round on Thursday.
- NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 65
Mar 8 3:56 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 33
Mar 8 2:48 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 8 2:08 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 17 Syracuse beats NC State 80-61 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 12 Florida State women hold off NC State 56-52 Feb 25
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- Cable scores 25, No. 3 Notre Dame defeats NC State 82-46 Feb 4