No. 7 Kentucky downs Vanderbilt in SEC quartersMar 9, 2013 - 4:19 AM Duluth, GA (Sports Network) - A'dia Mathies scored a team-high 16 points on 7- of-12 shooting to go along with five steals as No. 7 Kentucky defeated Vanderbilt, 76-65, on Friday in quarterfinal action of the SEC Tournament.
DeNesha Stallworth chipped in 14 points for the second-seeded Wildcats (26-4), who move on to the semifinals to face Georgia in Saturday's second semifinal slated for 6 p.m. (ET).
Tiffany Clarke recorded a double-double with 24 points and 12 rebounds for the Commodores (20-11), while Jasmine Lister followed with 17 points in defeat.
The Wildcats led comfortably, 38-23 at the break and quickly extended their margin to 52-30 with 14:14 remaining.
- VANDERBILT: 65
Mar 8 8:02 PM
- VANDERBILT: 23
Mar 8 6:55 PM
- VANDERBILT: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 8 6:07 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19