Duke routs UNC in ACC title gameMar 10, 2013 - 9:51 PM Greensboro, NC (Sports Network) - Alexis Jones netted a career-high 24 points and No. 6 Duke claimed its eighth Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament title with a 92-73 rout of No. 15 North Carolina in the championship game.
Elizabeth Williams also had 24 points and Haley Peters added 17 for the top- seeded Blue Devils (30-2), who led by as many as 26 in capturing their third tourney crown in the last four seasons.
Tierra Ruffin-Pratt tallied 25 points to lead third-seeded UNC (28-6), which was denied its 10th ACC Tournament title.
The Blue Devils erased an early six-point deficit with an elongated 29-6 first-half run. Williams had nine points during the surge and capped it with a jumper late in the opening half for a 39-22 margin. Duke headed into the break up 39-24.
Duke never led by less than 15 points over the final 20 minutes and has now won seven straight in the series.
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1