No. 3 UConn beats Syracuse for spot in Big East finalMar 12, 2013 - 2:35 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Breanna Stewart and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis each had 14 points as the third-ranked Connecticut Huskies beat the 22nd- ranked Syracuse Orange, 64-51, in the semifinals of the Big East Tournament.
Stefanie Dolson added 13 points and nine rebounds for the Huskies (29-3), who will take on the second-ranked Notre Dame Fighting Irish in Tuesday's title game. Connecticut and the Fighting Irish have met in the championship game six times, with the Huskies winning each time.
Kayla Alexander ended with 14 points for the Orange (24-7), who have lost 23 straight against the Huskies.
Holding a 29-22 lead with under seven minutes left in the first half, Connecticut closed out the frame on a 10-2 run. The surge allowed the Huskies to take a 39-24 margin into the locker room.
Syracuse never got closer than nine in the second half.
- SYRACUSE: 51
Mar 11 10:06 PM
- SYRACUSE: 24
Mar 11 9:02 PM
- SYRACUSE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 11 8:22 PM
- Wagner guard Jasmine Nwajei transferring to Syracuse May 17
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Syracuse defense cracks under UConn onslaught in title game Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Syracuse hoping for big payoff from run to championship game Apr 4