Buffaloes bowled over by Kansas in first roundMar 24, 2013 - 1:31 AM Boulder, CO (Sports Network) - Angel Goodrich scored 14 points and handed out eight assists as the Kansas Jayhawks upset the Colorado Buffaloes, 67-52, in the first round of the NCAA Tournament at the Coors Events Center.
Also scoring in double figures for the 12th-seeded Jayhawks (19-13) were Carolyn Davis with 14 points, to go along with eight rebounds, followed by Chelsea Gardner and Charlicia Harper with 12 points apiece and Monica Engelman 10 in the triumph.
The fifth-seeded Buffaloes (25-7) were paced by Brittany Wilson and Arielle Roberson who both tallied 11 points, the latter clearing a game-high 12 rebounds in the setback.
Colorado opened the meeting on a 14-4 run less than three minutes into the first half, but the team then went cold with just 13 points the rest of the way and ended up trailing by double figures at the break, 37-27.
In the second half the Buffs completely fell apart on offense, converting just 5-of-29 shots from the floor, allowing Kansas to run away with the 15-point victory.
The Jayhawks survived 19 turnovers and being outscored 17-6 at the free-throw line by limiting Colorado to just 25.4 percent shooting from the floor.
With the victory Kansas now heads to the second round of the tourney to face off against South Carolina which defeated South Dakota State, 74-52.
- KANSAS: 67
Mar 23 8:31 PM
- KANSAS: 37
Mar 23 7:27 PM
- KANSAS: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 23 6:39 PM
- Colorado hires JR Payne as women's basketball coach Mar 28
- Colorado women's coach Linda Lappe resigns Mar 7
- Rodrigo scores 13, leads No. 6 Texas past Kansas 66-50 Mar 6
- Kansas stuns TCU 81-64 to snap 20-game losing streak Mar 5
- Washington women beat Colorado 67-51 in Pac-12 tourney Mar 4
- No. 22 Oklahoma State women beat Kansas 71-49 Feb 24
- No. 20 Oklahoma women top Kansas 72-66 Feb 20
- McPhee leads No. 15 Stanford women past Colorado 80-49 Feb 20
- Weisner leads No. 8 Oregon State women past Colorado, 73-50 Feb 13
- Payton leads Oregon State past Colorado 60-56 Feb 6
- No. 4 Baylor women win 10th straight, 81-49 over Kansas Feb 6
- No. 15 UCLA women defeat Colorado 82-64 Jan 30