Gray leads No. 2 Duke over No. 9 CalNov 11, 2013 - 3:01 AM Berkeley, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Chelsea Gray scored a game-high 22 points and Tricia Liston added 15 to lead No. 2 Duke to a 70-58 win over No. 9 California on Sunday.
Richa Jackson had 13 points for Duke (1-0).
Afure Jemerigbe scored 16 points with seven rebounds and Brittany Boyd totaled 13 points and six assists for California (1-1), which won its opener on Friday 70-51 over Long Beach State.
Duke took its first lead of the game on a Jackson layup for a 9-7 advantage and the Blue Devils never trailed from that point forward.
Mikayla Lyles hit a 3-pointer with 6:03 left in the first half that sparked Cal to an 11-0 run to pull within 24-23.
Duke led 30-25 at the break and opened the second half on a 13-4 run.
Mercedes Jefflo hit a layup with 8:40 remaining in the game to get Cal within 54-45 but that was as close as it would get.
- DUKE: 70
Nov 10 8:01 PM
- DUKE: 30
Nov 10 6:53 PM
- DUKE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 10 6:09 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11