Kentucky cruises past AlabamaJan 2, 2014 - 10:49 PM Tuscaloosa, AL (SportsNetwork.com) - Jennifer O'Neill scored 17 points to lead the sixth-ranked Kentucky Wildcats to a 85-63 win over the Alabama Crimson Tide at Foster Auditorium.
Azia Bishop netted 16 and grabbed eight rebounds and Kastine Evans had 15 points for the Wildcats (13-1, 1-0 SEC), who have won two straight. Samarie Walker added 12 points and 13 rebounds, for the visitors.
Shafontaye Myers poured in a game-high 20 points, while Daisha Simmons and Ashley Williams scored 12 and 11 points, respectively for Alabama (7-7, 0-1), which has lost two of its last three.
Kentucky jumped out to an early 30-16 advantage halfway through the first, however, Alabama fired back with a 13-4 surge to come within five with 6:30 left in the half. The Wildcats closed out the first half on a 16-9 run and led 50-38 at the break.
The closest the Crimson Tide came in the final 20 minutes was within nine points, 54-45, with 16:32 left to play. Kentucky stretched its lead to as many as 24 on its way to victory.
Alabama could not overcome its 25 turnovers, while the Wildcats were powered by 48.4 percent shooting from the field and shooting 10-for-20 from behind the arc.
- KENTUCKY: 85
Jan 2 4:49 PM
- KENTUCKY: 50
Jan 2 3:45 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 2 3:06 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18