Walker leads Pittsburgh past OhioDec 9, 2006 - 10:37 PM ATHENS, Ohio (Ticker) -- Marcedes Walker kept Pittsburgh among the nation's unbeaten teams.
Walker scored 30 points and grabbed 14 rebounds as 24th-ranked Pittsburgh turned back a strong challenge from Ohio with a 77-69 victory.
A 6-3 center, Walker hit 13-of-18 shots in helping the Panthers (10-0) shoot 64 percent (18-of-28) in the second half. Her presence allowed Pittsburgh to outscore Ohio, 56-38, in the paint.
Shavonte Zellous added 21 points and eight rebounds and Xenia Stewart had 11 and seven for the Panthers, who led, 32-31, at halftime.
Lauren Kohn scored 21 points to pace the Bobcats (5-2) in the back-and-forth contest. There were 14 ties and the lead changed hands 22 times.
Simone Redd scored 16 points and Domenica Silva and Rachel Frederick had eight apiece for Ohio.
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28
- Butler leads No. 23 Syracuse women past Pittsburgh 70-56 Feb 21
- No. 12 Louisville women defeat Pittsburgh 84-61 Feb 11
- No. 16 Florida State women beat Pitt 66-55 Jan 17
- No. 3 Notre Dame beats Pitt for McGraw's 800th win Jan 3
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49 Nov 28
- Lady Vols punch ticket to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Sun Devils torch Bobcats in first-round action Mar 21
- Pittsburgh stifles Chattanooga to advance Mar 21
- Ohio rewards Boldon with 5-year extension Mar 11