Stanford routs California, extends winning streakJan 7, 2007 - 12:52 AM BERKELEY, California (Ticker) -- Stanford's one-two punch kept its winning streak intact.
Jayne Appel scored 19 points and Candice Wiggins added 18 as the 12th-ranked Cardinal rolled to their ninth straight win, a 69-44 rout of No. 21 California in the Pac-10 Conference.
A 6-4 freshman, Appel shot 8-of-15 from the field and pulled down seven rebounds while Wiggins had eight boards, seven assists and nailed six 3-pointers for Stanford (12-3, 6-0), which has not lost to California since February 1993.
Ashley Walker had 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Bears (11-5, 2-4), who shot 25 percent (13-of-52).
California was outrebounded, 46-37, and outscored in the paint, 32-14.
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18