Balanced attack leads Ole Miss past No. 6 LSUJan 12, 2007 - 6:19 AM OXFORD, Mississippi (Ticker) -- The balanced attack of Mississippi was too much for Sylvia Fowles and sixth-ranked Louisiana State.
Guards Alliesha Easley, Ashley Awkward and Armintie Price combined for 55 points as the Rebels jumped out early and withstood a furious second-half rally to post a 77-74 upset of the Lady Tigers.
Ole Miss (14-4, 3-0 SEC) jumped out to a 38-21 halftime lead with the help of 14 turnovers by LSU. The Lady Tigers moved within 56-54 with seven minutes left, but the Rebels scored the next seven points to pull away for good.
Easley scored 19 points and hit three 3-pointers while Awkward and Price chipped in 18 points each. Price also recorded six rebounds, six assists and four steals as Mississippi snapped an 11-game losing streak to LSU.
Fowles did her best to rally the Lady Tigers (15-2, 1-1), scoring 25 points on 10-of-15 shooting and adding a season-high 19 rebounds. Quinna Chaney added 19 points but committed seven of LSU's 20 turnovers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LSU (6) 21 53 74
OLE MISS 38 39 77 FINAL
Jan 11 9:58 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
LSU (6) 21
OLE MISS 38 HALFTIME
Jan 11 8:47 PM
- No. 13 Kentucky women eliminate LSU from SEC tourney 79-71 Mar 3
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- LSU beats Alabama 58-49 in opener of SEC women's tourney Mar 2
- Mitchell scores 24 in No. 3 South Carolina's 75-39 victory Feb 28
- Wilson has 16, No. 3 South Carolina tops Mississippi 66-45 Feb 25
- No. 14 Mississippi State women sweep Ole Miss 60-51 Feb 21
- LSU hands No. 24 Tennessee women 2nd loss in 3 games 57-56 Feb 21
- No. 12 Texas A&M women pull away in 4th, beat LSU 68-54 Feb 18
- No. 24 Lady Vols rally late to beat Ole Miss 57-51 Feb 18
- No. 12 Texas A&M women beat Ole Miss 62-48 Feb 15
- Thompson sparks No. 18 Kentucky women to 70-58 win over LSU Feb 7
- Vivians leads No. 11 Mississippi State to 71-52 win over LSU Feb 4