Jones, Cincinnati pound DePaulJan 15, 2007 - 3:32 AM CINCINNATI (Ticker) -- Michelle Jones continued the rough stretch for DePaul.
Jones scored 19 points and grabbed 13 rebounds as Cincinnati handed No. 24 DePaul its third straight loss with a 62-44 Big East Conference victory.
Starting four guards, including two 5-6 or shorter, the Blue Demons (11-6, 1-3 Big East) were overwhelmed by the Bearcats, who held a 45-21 advantage on the boards and a 15-0 dominance in second-chance points.
The 6-1 Jones led the charge, shooting 8-of-16 from the field and grabbing nine offensive boards.
Treasure Humphries had 16 points, nine rebounds and six assists and Angel Morgan added eight points and 11 boards for Cincinnati (11-5, 2-3), which snapped a two-game losing streak.
Allie Quigley scored 13 points and China Threatt 10 for DePaul, which shot 34.7 percent (17-of-49), including 3-of-15 on 3-pointers, in losing for the fifth time in six games.
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- No. 21 DePaul women roll to 78-52 win over Creighton Feb 21
- Podkowa leads No. 21 DePaul women past Providence 91-68 Feb 19