Jackson leads Texas to win over OklahomaFeb 1, 2007 - 7:30 AM AUSTIN, Texas (Ticker) -- Tiffany Jackson had a double-double and battled Courtney Paris on even terms to lead Texas to a 67-62 victory over No. 8 Oklahoma in a Big 12 Conference matchup.
Jackson had 22 points and 13 rebounds for the Longhorns (15-7, 4-4 Big 12), who rushed out to a 36-20 lead at the half and held on down the stretch.
Paris had 25 points and 18 rebounds for Oklahoma (17-3, 7-2), which has lost two straight after winning 26 Big 12 games in a row.
But Paris only had five points in the first half as the Longhorns built their lead and her big second half was not enough to help the Sooners overcome the deficit. No other Oklahoma player scored more than nine points.
Earnesia Williams scored 13 points and Brittainey Raven and Carla Cortijo each added 10 for Texas, which led by as many as 18 early in the second half.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OKLAHOMA (8) 20 42 62
TEXAS 36 31 67 FINAL
Jan 31 9:03 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
OKLAHOMA (8) 20
TEXAS 36 HALFTIME
Jan 31 7:47 PM
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20