Wisdom-Hylton helps Purdue edge MinnesotaFeb 2, 2007 - 8:06 AM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton had no problem picking up the slack for leading scorer Katie Gearlds.
Wisdom-Hylton scored 16 points as No. 13 Purdue returned to winning ways with a 58-55 victory over Minnesota in the Big Ten Conference contest.
With Gearlds - the league's third-leading scorer at 17.3 points coming in - managing just four, Wisdom-Hylton made 8-of-10 shots to help the Boilermakers bounce back from a 64-55 loss to then-No. 7 Ohio State on Monday.
Danielle Campbell had 12 points off the bench and freshman point guard FahKara Malone added nine, seven assists and three steals for Purdue (20-4, 9-1 Big Ten), which held Minnesota to 37.7 percent (20-of-53) shooting in improving to 4-0 in league road games.
Gearlds, who finished 2-of-10 from the floor, is shooting 20 percent (5-of-25) in the last two games.
Emily Fox, who missed a pair of possible go-ahead jumpers from the elbow down the stretch, finished with 16 points along with Leslie Knight for the Gophers (13-10, 5-5), who committed 19 turnovers in losing their second straight game.
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Powers leads No. 19 Michigan St. women past Purdue 65-64 Mar 4
- Purdue women top Penn State, 70-59; face Michigan State Mar 3
- Coffey helps Northwestern women top Minnesota 84-74 Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Banham, Minnesota upset No. 5 Ohio State, 90-88 Feb 24
- Powers leads No. 25 Michigan State over Minnesota 114-106 Feb 21
- No. 5 Maryland never trails in 73-59 win over Purdue Feb 11
- Banham got Kobe's attention with 60-point game for Minnesota Feb 10
- Minnesota's Banham ties NCAA record with 60 points Feb 7
- Walker-Kimbrough scores 41, No. 5 Maryland women beat Purdue Feb 2