Allen helps Notre Dame rally past LouisvilleFeb 8, 2007 - 5:26 AM SOUTH BEND, Indiana (Ticker) -- Charel Allen and Notre Dame just would not be denied after intermission.
Allen scored 13 of her 21 points in the second half as Notre Dame rallied for a 64-55 Big East Conference victory over No. 16 Louisville.
Ashley Barlow scored 15 points and Tulyah Gaines 13 for the Fighting Irish (15-8, 6-4 Big East), who recovered from a 38-27 deficit in the opening moments of the second half by putting together a 32-10 run.
It was a layup by Barlow that capped the burst, putting Notre Dame ahead, 59-48, with 1:38 remaining. It went to pick up its second straight win since snapping a three-game losing streak.
Angel McCoughtry scored 29 points and grabbed seven rebounds for the Cardinals (21-3, 7-3), who shot 39 percent (9-of-23) in having a four-game winning streak halted.
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19