Buckeyes edge Gophers for 15th straight winFeb 9, 2007 - 4:22 AM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Jessica Davenport scored 17 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and blocked 11 shots to lead No. 5 Ohio State to its 15th straight win, a 70-67 Big Ten Conference victory over Minnesota.
The Buckeyes (22-1, 11-0 Big Ten) trailed, 33-31, at halftime and overcame 25 turnovers by shooting 63 percent (24-of-38) from the field to remain perfect in conference play.
Marscilla Packer scored 18 points for the Buckeyes, who have not lost since their December 10 visit to LSU. Packer shot 7-of-8, including 4-of-5 from 3-point range.
Ashley Ellis-Milan had 17 points and Emily Fox added 15 with seven assists for Minnesota (13-12, 5-7), which shot 45 percent (28-of-62).
Leslie Knight had 10 points for the Golden Gophers, who have lost their last four.
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Coffey helps Northwestern women top Minnesota 84-74 Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28