Franklin, Starks lead Texas A&M past OklahomaFeb 10, 2007 - 11:09 PM COLLEGE STATION, Texas (Ticker) -- The 1-2 punch of A'Quonesia Franklin and of Takia Starks proved too much to handle.
Franklin and Starks scored 25 points apiece as No. 19 Texas A&M registered a key 78-68 Big 12 Conference victory over ninth-ranked Oklahoma.
Sparked by Franklin and Starks, the Aggies (19-4, 9-2) won their sixth straight game and remained tied with Nebraska atop the conference standings.
Franklin made 9-of-16 shots and handed out 10 assists. Starks went 9-of-17 from the floor.
Danielle Gant added 11 points for the Aggies, who held a 37-29 halftime lead and were able to keep the advantage by shooting 50 percent (13-of-26) over the final 20 minutes.
Courtney Paris had 25 points and 14 rebounds for Oklahoma (18-4, 8-3), which shot a respectable 48 percent (25-of-52) but was unable to overcome 24 turnovers.
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Jones leads No. 4 Baylor in 84-57 win over No. 24 Oklahoma Mar 6