Wieben sparks Iowa State upset of Texas A&MFeb 15, 2007 - 8:51 AM AMES, Iowa (Ticker) -- Nicky Wieben scored 20 points to lead Iowa State to a 61-54 upset of No. 16 Texas A&M in a Big 12 Conference matchup.
Wieben had 10 points in a 16-3 run as the Hawkeyes (18-7, 6-6 Big 12) broke away from a 44-44 tie to take a commanding 60-47 lead with 2:30 to play.
Toccara Ross added 12 points and 13 rebounds for Iowa State, which outscored Texas A&M (19-5, 9-3) in the paint, 34-22.
Iowa State also owned a huge advantage at the free-throw line, converting 21-of-27 as opposed to 2-of-6 for the Aggies.
Takia Starks scored 23 points and Danielle Gant added 13 for A&M, which had a six-game winning streak snapped.
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- No. 22 West Virginia women cruise past Iowa State 82-57 Mar 1