Edwards helps Texas Tech shock NebraskaFeb 15, 2007 - 9:14 AM LINCOLN, Nebraska (Ticker) -- Patrice Edwards came up on both ends of the court to sink Nebraska.
Edwards converted two free throws with 24 seconds left and blocked the potential winning shot as Texas Tech captured a 70-69 upset victory over the No. 20 Cornhuskers in Big 12 Conference play.
Edwards finished with two blocks after rejecting a short jumper by Nebraska's Yvonne Turner in the closing moments.
That was one of three chances to win the game for the Cornhuskers (21-5, 9-3 Big 12), who had a five-game winning streak snapped.
Nebraska's Kelsey Griffin missed a pair of free throws with eight seconds left, setting up Edwards' big block. Following a pair of inbounds plays, Kiera Hardy missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer that bounced out after hitting the rim.
Edwards finished with 16 points and 10 rebounds and LaVonda Henderson scored 17 for the Lady Raiders (15-11, 6-6), who halted a three-game losing streak.
Hardy had 16 points and Chelsea Aubry 12 for the Cornhuskers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TEXAS TECH 33 37 70
NEBRASKA (20) 27 42 69 FINAL
Feb 14 9:52 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TEXAS TECH 33
NEBRASKA (20) 27 HALFTIME
Feb 14 8:46 PM
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- No. 4 Baylor women roll past Texas Tech 82-51 Mar 5
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3
- No. 24 Oklahoma women beat Texas Tech 70-60 Mar 1
- No. 8 Texas wins 25th game, 76-55 over Texas Tech Feb 24