Lucas-Perry powers Michigan St. past NorthwesternFeb 16, 2007 - 4:29 AM EAST LANSING, Michigan (Ticker) -- Victoria Lucas-Perry and Michigan State continue to roll.
Lucas-Perry scored 19 of her 25 points in the first half as the 25th-ranked Spartans won their fifth straight game, a 68-63 triumph over Northwestern in a Big Ten battle.
Lucas-Perry's huge first-half outburst helped Michigan State (20-6, 11-2 Big Ten) grab a 36-24 advantage at intermission. The Spartans shot 50 percent (13-of-26) from the floor in the opening 20 minutes.
Allyssa DeHaan had 12 points and six rebounds off the bench and Aisha Jefferson netted 10 for the Spartans, who recorded their fourth consecutive 20-win season for the first time.
Michigan State scored 21 points off 19 turnovers and held a 24-14 edge in points in the paint, winning its seventh straight matchup over Northwestern.
A.J. Glasauer scored 18 points to lead four starters in double figures for the Wildcats (7-20, 1-13), who shot 64 percent (16-of-25) in the second half.
- No. 5 Mississippi St beats No. 4 Michigan State 74-72 Mar 20
- Michigan St.-Mississippi St. Preview Mar 19
- Michigan State's offense to get a test vs. Mississippi State Mar 19
- Michigan State pulls away to beat Belmont 74-60 Mar 18
- Belmont-Michigan St. Preview Mar 17
- Michigan State's star insists she isn't thinking about WNBA Mar 16
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- Powers leads No. 19 Michigan St. women past Purdue 65-64 Mar 4
- Coffey, Northwestern women upset Indiana in Big Ten Mar 4
- Coffey helps Northwestern women top Minnesota 84-74 Mar 3
- Short-handed Northwestern women beat Wisconsin 76-72 in OT Mar 2