Appel's shooting carries Stanford over Oregon StateFeb 16, 2007 - 7:38 AM CORVALLIS, Oregon (Ticker) -- Jayne Appel scored a season-high 28 points and 17 rebounds as No. 10 Stanford defeated Oregon State, 70-55, in a Pac-10 Conference affair.
Brooke Smith scored 22 points, six rebounds and seven assists and Melanie Murphy collected five steals for the Cardinal (22-4, 14-1 Pac-10), who have won three consecutive games.
Appel shot 12-of-20 and Smith went 10-of-13 from the field for Stanford, which shot 55 percent (29-of-53) and held a 52-18 advantage in points in the paint.
The Cardinal, who received just nine minutes from leading scorer Candice Wiggins because of an ankle injury, also held a 34-13 advantage in bench points.
Ashley Allen scored 15 points and Casey Nash added 11 for the Beavers (8-16, 3-12), who were held to 36 percent (19-of-53) from the field.
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2
- Open tryouts to the Final Four: Oregon State's dramatic rise Mar 30
- Beavers celebrate first Final Four, but UConn looms Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26