Parker, Tennessee holds off Arkansas in OTFeb 23, 2007 - 7:04 AM FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas (Ticker) -- Candace Parker scored 29 points and pulled in 17 rebounds as No. 2 Tennessee dodged a huge upset with a 75-68 overtime victory over Southeastern Conference rival Arkansas.
Shannon Bobbitt had 15 points and Alexis Hornbuckle added 12, including four straight free throws late in the extra period, to seal the win for Tennessee (26-2, 13-0 SEC), which extended their winning streak to nine.
Parker made 12-of-21 shots and added four blocks and four steals for the Lady Vols, who held a 13-6 advantage in points during overtime in a game with three ties and 14 lead changes.
Dominque Washington scored 21 points for Arkansas (18-11, 3-10), which shot 39 percent (25-of-64) from the floor and 35 percent (8-of-23) from the arc.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL IN 1ST OT 1ST 2ND 1OT TOTAL
--- --- --- -----
TENNESSEE (2) 23 39 13 75
ARKANSAS 25 37 6 68 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 22 10:12 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TENNESSEE (2) 23
ARKANSAS 25 HALFTIME
Feb 22 8:54 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21