Old Dominion upsets James Madison, takes top spot in conferenceFeb 25, 2007 - 7:59 PM NORFOLK, Virginia (Ticker) -- Old Dominion killed two birds with one stone, ousting its rival and moving into first place in the Colonial Athletic Association in the same day.
Sherida Triggs scored 15 points to pace the Lady Monarchs to a 62-57 upset of 25th-ranked James Madison in a showdown between the top two teams in the conference.
It was the seventh straight victory for Old Dominion (19-8, 15-1 CAA), which climbed one-half game ahead of the Dukes (24-4, 15-2) in the conference standings. The Lady Monarchs have two games remaining this season, while James Madison closes its regular season Thursday against Towson.
One of just two Lady Monarchs in double figures, Triggs shot 7-of-12 from the floor and grabbed six rebounds.
Reserve Tamara Ransburg scored 11 points for Old Dominion, which shot just 34 percent (23-of-67) from the floor.
Meredith Alexis scored 12 points to lead James Madison, which has lost two straight contests since reeling off 16 consecutive wins from December 29-February 18.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
JMU (25) 28 29 57
OLD DOMINION 31 31 62 FINAL
Feb 25 2:06 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
JMU (25) 28
OLD DOMINION 31 HALFTIME
Feb 25 12:53 PM
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- Middle Tennessee women beat Old Dominion in C-USA title game Mar 13
- James Madison beats Drexel 60-46 to win CAA, earn NCAA berth Mar 12
- James Madison women win third straight CAA championship Mar 12
- Davis helps No. 4 Baylor women beat James Madison 77-63 Dec 21
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Old Dominion 95-49 Nov 26
- Buckeyes win shootout over JMU to advance Mar 21
- Texas A&M tops James Madison to advance Mar 26
- Dukes dump Bulldogs at Reed Arena Mar 23
- Blue Devils take down Lady Monarchs Jan 2
- No. 10 UNC holds off James Madison Jan 2