Medders leads Iowa State to upset of TexasJan 19, 2007 - 3:32 AM AMES, Iowa (Ticker) -- Lyndsey Medders and Iowa State found the mark from the arc against Texas.
Medders made 4-of-6 3-pointers en route to 23 points as the Cyclones downed the 24th-ranked Longhorns, 67-56, in a Big 12 Conference contest.
Toccara Ross added 15 points off the bench and Alison Lacey collected 12 points and nine rebounds for Iowa State (14-4, 2-3 Big 12), which limited Texas to 33 percent (24-of-72) from the floor.
The Cyclones shot just 38 percent (19-of-50) overall but connected on 8-of-21 3-pointers. The Longhorns went 5-of-17 from the arc.
Iowa State had a big advantage at the line, making 21-of-27 attempts to just 3-of-9 for Texas (13-5, 2-2).
Carla Cortijo had 12 points to pace the visitors.
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20