Louisiana State upsets Tennessee in SEC semifinalsMar 4, 2007 - 2:42 AM DULUTH, Georgia (Ticker) -- Sylvia Fowles scored 19 points and grabbed 20 rebounds as No. 10 Louisiana State shook up the Southeastern Conference Tournament with a 63-54 upset victory over No. 2 Tennessee.
Erica White had 17 points and Allison Hightower added 12 off the bench as the Lady Tigers (26-6), who avenged a 56-51 loss to Tennessee on February 19 and advanced to the tournament's championship game for the third straight season.
Fowles made 8-of-18 shots for the Lady Tigers, who shot 44 percent (22-of-50) from the floor and held a 34-29 advantage in rebounds.
Alexis Hornbuckle had 29 points and grabbed nine rebounds while Candace Parker was held to a season-low four points for Tennessee (28-3), which shot just 38 percent (21-of-56).
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21