Parrish, George Washington hold off VirginiaNov 13, 2007 - 4:10 AM CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia (Ticker) -- Antelia Parrish collected 18 points and 10 rebounds as No. 13 George Washington held off Virginia, 70-68, in an early-season non-conference matchup on Monday night.
Kimberly Beck and Sarah-Jo Lawrence scored 14 points apiece for the Colonials (2-0), who erased a three-point halftime deficit en route to the victory.
Lyndra Littles nailed a 3-pointer for the Cavaliers to cut their deficit to 69-68 in the waning seconds.
After an immediate foul, George Washington's Beck nailed just one her two free throws with two seconds left to make it a two-point game. But Virginia could not get a shot off as time expired on the game's final possession.
Parrish shot an efficient 7-of-9 from the field, including 3-of-4 on 3-pointers. Beck and Lawrence combined to shoot just 8-of-21 from the floor but nailed 4-of-8 shots from the arc for the Colonials.
Littles had 25 points and 11 rebounds for Virginia (1-1), which netted 40 points in the paint and 31 from its reserves.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 11 Louisville women pull away from Virginia 74-59 Feb 18
- Thomas leads No. 15 Florida State women past Virginia 70-48 Jan 21
- No. 23 Louisville women beat Virginia 59-41 Jan 14
- Turner leads No. 3 Notre Dame women past Virginia, 74-46 Jan 7
- Virginia women defeat No. 22 Miami 76-56 Jan 3
- No. 9 Ohio State women beat Virginia 93-73 Dec 21