Humphrey's double-double powers Georgia past Prairie View A&MNov 24, 2007 - 3:28 AM GRAND BAHAMA ISLAND (Ticker) -- Tasha Humphrey had 15 points, 12 rebounds, three blocks and three steals to lead No. 9 Georgia to a 78-44 victory over Prairie View A&M on Friday in the first round of the Junkanoo Jam.
It was the first game in a week and the first of the season on the road for the Lady Bulldogs (5-0).
Rebecca Rowsey added 13 points and Megan Darrah had 10 for Georgia.
Candice Thomas led the Lady Panthers (1-5) with 13 points. Gaati Werema had 12 points and Dominique Smith 11 for Prairie View A&M, which shot 29.6 percent (8-for-27) to trail at halftime, 33-19.
It was the first meeting between the two teams and marked the first time the Lady Bulldogs played a game not on United States soil. Georgia moved to 5-0 for the 13th time under coach Andy Landers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Feb 4
- New coach Joni Taylor says Georgia must return to NCAAs Jan 29
- Barbee helps Georgia upset No. 10 Mississippi State 47-43 Jan 21
- Georgia women upend No. 20 Florida 71-61 Jan 14