Coleman leads Maryland over DukeJan 15, 2008 - 2:45 AM COLLEGE PARK, Maryland (Ticker) -- Marissa Coleman scored 30 points and Kristi Toliver added 21 as fourth-ranked Maryland routed No. 13 Duke, 85-70, in an Atlantic Coast Conference matchup on Monday.
Crystal Langhorne collected 16 points and seven rebounds for the Terrapins (20-1, 4-0 ACC), who ran out to an 11-point lead at halftime and never looked back.
Coleman shot 9-of-13 from the field, including 4-of-5 from the arc, and 8-of-11 from the free-throw line for Maryland, which secured the win despite getting outscored in the paint (40-26).
Jasmine Thomas and Wanisha Smith scored 17 points apiece for the Blue Devils (13-4, 2-1), who shot just 37.5 percent (27-of-72) from the field.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DUKE (13) 32 38 70
MARYLAND (4) 43 42 85 FINAL
Jan 14 9:05 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(13) DUKE 32
(4) MARYLAND 43 HALFTIME
Jan 14 7:54 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4