Prince, Rutgers edge out PrincetonDec 13, 2007 - 2:56 AM PRINCETON, New Jersey (Ticker) -- Epiphanny Prince scored 17 points and grabbed eight rebounds as sixth-ranked Rutgers captured a 53-48 victory over Princeton on Wednesday.
Prince shot 7-of-11 from the field with two 3-pointers as the Scarlet Knights (6-2) built up a 10-point lead in the early minutes of the second half before holding on.
Kia Vaughn had 12 points and Matee Ajavon added six and seven assists for Rutgers, which dominated Princeton inside, finishing with a 26-15 advantage in points in the paint and 40-31 edge in rebounds.
Meagan Cowher had 20 points for the Tigers (3-8), who shot 33 percent (16-of-49) in dropping their 11th straight game to the Knights.
- West Virginia tops Princeton in women's NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Princeton-West Virginia Preview Mar 17
- Penn women beat Princeton 62-60 to win Ivy title Mar 8
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Rutgers 73-59 Feb 21
- Powers leads No. 25 Michigan State women over Rutgers 70-67 Feb 18
- Mitchell scores 22, No. 7 Ohio State beats Rutgers Jan 24
- No. 21 Michigan State women top Rutgers 59-48 after big run Jan 19
- Mitchell's 31 points leads No. 5 Ohio State over Rutgers Jan 10
- No. 10 Ohio State women beat Princeton 90-70 Dec 18
- No. 13 Florida State women beat Rutgers 65-43 Dec 3