Vandiver shines off bench as Wyoming edges Saint Joe'sDec 9, 2007 - 1:20 AM IOWA CITY, Iowa (Ticker) -- Aubrey Vandiver scored 20 points off the bench and Jodi Bolerjack added 17 as No. 22 Wyoming rallied to post a 66-64 win over Saint Joseph's on Saturday.
A 5-11 sophomore, Vandiver connected on 7-of-10 shots and made 6-of-8 free throws to help Wyoming (7-1) advance in the Hawkeye Challenge. She also had six rebounds and three steals.
Despite shooting 44 percent (11-of-25) from the floor through the opening 20 minutes, the Cowgirls had to overcome a 35-25 deficit at intermission.
In the second half, Wyoming outscored Saint Joseph's, 41-29, and shot a stellar 50 percent (13-of-26), including four 3-pointers, to setup a matchup against Iowa on Sunday.
Amy Gillespie netted 20 points and Sarah Acker added 14 and 13 boards for the Hawks (5-4), who shot 49 percent (27-of-55) and committed 19 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- No. 3 Notre Dame routs Saint Joseph's 91-55 Dec 21
- Huskies cruise past Hawks in second round Mar 25
- Hawks hang on against Georgia in tourney opener Mar 23
- Clarke leads Vanderbilt over St. Joseph's Mar 23
- Strong second half powers Xavier past St. Joe's Mar 5
- No. 8 Xavier downs St. Joseph's Jan 12
- Sverrisdottir leads No. 24 TCU over Wyoming Feb 13
- No. 6 Xavier beats Saint Joseph's 63-56 Feb 10
- Carlson helps Wyoming beat No. 22 TCU Jan 14
- Oregon uses defense to smother Wyoming, 78-66 Dec 20
- Tuomi helps Vanderbilt stay unbeaten Nov 24
- Zellous leads Pittsburgh over Wyoming Mar 22