Whipple, Mitchell lead Utah to 22nd straight winMar 9, 2008 - 1:12 AM SALT LAKE CITY (Ticker) -- Kalee Whipple scored 20 points and Leilani Mitchell had 14 and 13 assists as No. 14 Utah cruised to its 22nd consecutive victory, an 82-46 win over Nevada-Las Vegas in the Mountain West Conference season finale on Saturday.
The Utes (27-3, 16-0 MWC) shot 50 percent (32-of-64) from the field and used an early 16-0 burst to take control of the game, 21-4, with 12:50 left in the first half.
Utah held a 44-19 halftime bulge and was never threatened during the second half.
Sequioia Holmes scored 15 points and Brittany Halberg added 14 for the Rebels (8-21, 4-12), who shot just 30 percent (17-of-56) from the floor en route to their fifth straight defeat.
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- Crozon, Rodriguez lead Utah women over Washington St 75-69 Feb 27
- Washington women roll past Utah 73-60 Feb 26
- No. 15 Stanford women defeat Utah 72-54 Feb 21
- Weisner leads No. 8 Oregon State women past Utah, Feb 14
- Payton powers Oregon State past Utah 71-69 Feb 5
- Fields sparks No. 15 UCLA women past Utah 69-63 Jan 31
- No. 11 Oregon State women beat Utah 62-53 Jan 23
- No. 10 Arizona State holds off Utah for 12th straight win Jan 17
- Utah women beat No. 21 Cal 84-79 Jan 10
- No. 21 Oklahoma women beat Utah 70-55 Nov 26
- Stanford routs Utah Jan 10