No. 9 Duke rallies past DenverNov 12, 2007 - 2:22 AM DENVER (Ticker) -- Abby Waner scored 16 points to rally No. 9 Duke to a 57-37 victory over Denver on Sunday in the season opener for both teams.
Trailing, 27-25, at halftime, the Blue Devils used a 19-0 run in the second half to wrestle control from the Pioneers.
Joy Cheek added 11 points for Duke, which was playing its first game under new coach Joanne P. Callie.
Carrem Gay grabbed 12 rebounds to help the Blue Devils to a commanding 47-27 edge on the boards.
Nnenna Akotaboi scored nine points for Denver, which shot just 3-of-23 in the second half, including 0-of-11 from 3-point range.
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1
- No. 22 Duke women beat Boston College 71-51 Jan 17
- North Carolina State beats No. 22 Duke women in Durham 65-62 Jan 15
- Defense dominates as Louisville women whip No. 18 Duke 65-48 Jan 10