Adair, Parrish lead George Washington past KentuckyNov 15, 2007 - 1:47 AM WASHINGTON (Ticker) -- Jessica Adair scored 29 points and Antelia Parrish added 24 as No. 12 George Washington posted a 75-65 victory over Kentucky on Wednesday.
Reserve Erica Rivera scored eight points and Kimberly Beck and Sarah-Jo Lawrence each handed out six assists for the Colonials (3-0), who have won 15 straight home games.
Adair, who reached her career high in points, and Parrish, who hauled in 16 rebounds, combined to shoot 18-of-29 from the floor for George Washington, which is 2-0 all-time vs. Kentucky. It was the second straight double-double for Parrish.
Samantha Mahoney scored 17 points and grabbed seven rebounds and Sarah Elliot added 13 and eight for the Wildcats (1-1), who were outshot 47 percent (27-of-57) to 32 percent (18-of-56).
NCAA WOMENS BB FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
KENTUCKY 33 32 65
GEO WASHINGTON (12) 36 39 75 FINAL
Nov 14 7:26 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(12) GEO WASHINGTON 75 0:00 LEFT, 2ND HALF
Nov 14 7:21 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(12) GEO WASHINGTON 36 HALFTIME
Nov 14 6:06 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20