Parker's all-around effort helps Tennessee past West VirginiaNov 22, 2007 - 2:33 AM CHARLESTON, West Virginia (Ticker) -- Candace Parker had 29 points, 13 rebounds and three blocks as top-ranked Tennessee rolled to a 67-49 victory over No. 17 West Virginia on Wednesday.
Alexis Hornbuckle collected 12 points and eight boards and Nicky Anosike added 10 and eight for the defending champion Lady Vols, who shot 42 percent (26-of-61) from the field.
The 6-4 Parker was once again unstoppable, connecting on 11-of-19 shots from the field and 7-of-8 free throws.
Tennessee (4-0) raced out to a 37-26 advantage at intermission, highlighted by its 22-9 surge midway through the half. Parker poured in 12 points during the early run.
Olayinka Sanni had 16 points and eight rebounds and LaOuita Owens scored 10 for West Virginia (3-1), which committed 20 turnovers and was beat on the glass, 50-35.
- AT CHARLESTON WV
NCAA WOMENS BB FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TENNESSEE (1) 37 30 67
WEST VIRGINIA (17) 26 23 49 FINAL
Nov 21 8:54 PM
- AT CHARLESTON WV
NCAA WOMENS BB (1) TENNESSEE 37
(17) WEST VIRGINIA 26 HALFTIME
Nov 21 7:49 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21