No. 6 Rutgers holds off Saint Joseph'sNov 29, 2007 - 3:53 AM PHILADELPHIA (Ticker) -- Kia Vaughn had 12 points and 11 rebounds as No. 6 Rutgers survived a battle with Saint Joseph's to hold on for a 56-50 victory on Wednesday.
Epiphanny Prince scored 12 points and Matee Ajavon 11 for the Scarlet Knights (4-1).
The Hawks (3-2) rallied from a 12-point deficit in the first half and took a 49-46 lead. Rutgers regained the lead, 50-49, when Vaughn made a layup with 1:52 remaining and held on for the victory.
Timisha Gomez scored 14 points and Sarah Acker had 10 for Saint Joseph's. The Scarlet Knights, who led, 10-0, missed 16 of their first 20 shots in the second half.
Rutgers took a 35-28 advantage into halftime over the Hawks, who had more turnovers (12) than baskets (11) in the first half.
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Rutgers 73-59 Feb 21
- Powers leads No. 25 Michigan State women over Rutgers 70-67 Feb 18
- Mitchell scores 22, No. 7 Ohio State beats Rutgers Jan 24
- No. 21 Michigan State women top Rutgers 59-48 after big run Jan 19
- Mitchell's 31 points leads No. 5 Ohio State over Rutgers Jan 10
- No. 3 Notre Dame routs Saint Joseph's 91-55 Dec 21
- No. 13 Florida State women beat Rutgers 65-43 Dec 3
- Huskies cruise past Rutgers to advance Mar 23
- Copper, Scaife lead Rutgers past Seton Hall Mar 21
- Rutgers, Stringer agree on 4-year deal May 21