Parker sits out first half in Tennessee routJan 3, 2008 - 5:28 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Tennessee only needed a half from Candace Parker to rout DePaul.
Parker scored 17 points in the second half after being held out of the first as the third-ranked Lady Vols posted a 102-68 victory over the No. 15 Blue Demons on Wednesday.
Not allowed to play in the first half after missing a curfew, Parker sat on the sidelines as her teammates rolled out to a 53-34 lead at the half. Tennessee shot 62.5 percent (20-of-32) without its top player.
Alex Fuller scored 19 points, Nicky Anosike 17 and Alexis Hornbuckle 16 for the Lady Vols (11-1), who minimized the impact of 18 turnovers by turning 13 offensive rebounds into 17 second-chance points.
Allie Quigley, Natasha Williams and Deirdre Naughton all had 13 points for DePaul (11-2), which has dropped two of its last three games after starting 10-0.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TENNESSEE (3) 53 49 102
DEPAUL (15) 34 34 68 FINAL
Jan 2 11:02 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(3) TENNESSEE 53
(15) DEPAUL 34 HALFTIME
Jan 2 10:04 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24