Nebraska opens Big 12 play by knocking off TexasJan 10, 2008 - 5:57 AM LINCOLN, Nebraska (Ticker) -- Kelsey Griffin recorded a double-double to lead Nebraska to a 56-45 victory over No. 15 Texas on Wednesday in the Big 12 Conference opener for both teams.
Griffin scored 13 points and had 10 rebounds for the Cornhuskers, who won despite shooting 19 percent (7-of-36) from the field in the first half.
Nebraska picked it up after the break, shooting 45 percent (13-of-29) and outscoring Texas, 39-26.
Cory Montgomery scored 10 points and added six rebounds for the Cornhuskers (12-3, 1-0 Big 12), who held a 25-7 advantage in bench points.
Brittainey Raven scored 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds for Texas (12-3, 0-1).
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25