Anosike, Parker lead Tennessee's rout of AuburnJan 11, 2008 - 3:00 AM KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Nicky Anosike had a career-high 20 points and 12 rebounds and Candace Parker added 18 and 10 as third-ranked Tennessee rolled past No. 20 Auburn, 85-52, in the Southeastern Conference opener for both teams on Thursday.
The Tigers scored the game's first six points before Tennessee responded with 19 unanswered to take a 13-point lead with 11:14 left in the first half.
The Lady Volunteers (13-1, 1-0 SEC) led by double digits for the remainder of the contest, building a 48-27 halftime advantage and Tennessee led by as many as 37 late in the second half.
DeWanna Bonner had 19 points to pace Auburn (12-4, 0-1), which has lost three straight games.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
AUBURN (20) 27 25 52
TENNESSEE (2) 48 37 85 FINAL
Jan 10 8:53 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(20) AUBURN 27
(2) TENNESSEE 48 HALFTIME
Jan 10 7:51 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21