Texas A&M uses late rally to avoid loss to ColoradoJan 17, 2008 - 8:08 AM BOULDER, Colorado (Ticker) -- Danielle Gant scored 24 points and grabbed nine rebounds as No. 16 Texas A&M used a late rally to post a 72-68 victory over Colorado in a Big 12 Conference matchup on Wednesday.
Takia Starks had 18 points and nine rebounds and A'Quonesia Franklin scored 14 points for the Aggies (13-4, 1-2 Big 12), who avoided their first 0-3 start to league play since 2003-04.
Trailing most of the contest, Texas A&M took the lead for good at 66-64 on Morenike Atunrase's only basket with 1:35 remaining. Franklin added six free throws in the final 30 seconds to seal the win.
Jackie McFarland scored 24 points and pulled down nine boards for the Buffaloes (12-4, 1-2), who shot 3-of-16 on 3-pointers and committed 18 turnovers.
McFarland finished 8-of-13 from the field en route to becoming the fifth player in Colorado history to surpass 1,600 career points.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TEXAS A&M (16) 28 44 72
COLORADO 32 36 68 FINAL
Jan 16 11:17 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(16) TEXAS A&M 28
COLORADO 32 HALFTIME
Jan 16 9:56 PM
- Colorado hires JR Payne as women's basketball coach Mar 28
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Colorado women's coach Linda Lappe resigns Mar 7
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- Washington women beat Colorado 67-51 in Pac-12 tourney Mar 4
- No. 15 Kentucky women defeat No. 11 Texas A&M 71-58 Feb 28
- No. 11 Texas A&M women win 6th straight, beat Auburn 57-49 Feb 25