Montgomery, Charles help keep UConn unbeatenJan 22, 2008 - 3:06 AM STORRS, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Renee Montgomery scored 26 points and Tina Charles added 15, 19 rebounds and seven blocks as top-ranked Connecticut survived one of its toughest tests of the season with an 82-71 victory over No. 3 North Carolina on Monday.
Maya Moore finished with 19 points and seven rebounds and Charde Houston scored 15 for the Huskies (18-0), who forced 23 turnovers en route to its 31st consecutive regular-season win.
Montgomery shot 9-of-24 from the floor, including six shots from the arc, and had four steals, while Charles grabbed 11 of UConn's 27 offensive rebounds.
Latoya Pringle had 20 points and Erlana Larkins grabbed 11 rebounds for the Tar Heels (17-2), who only have lost to top-ranked teams this season. Their only other defeat came against then-No. 1 Tennessee on December 2.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NORTH CAROLINA (3) 44 27 71
CONNECTICUT (1) 33 49 82 FINAL
Jan 21 9:06 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(3) NORTH CAROLINA 44
(1) CONNECTICUT 33 HALFTIME
Jan 21 7:50 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2