Naughton, DePaul edge Notre DameJan 23, 2008 - 7:08 AM SOUTH BEND, Indiana (Ticker) -- Deirdre Naughton had 20 points and eight rebounds and Allie Quigley added 16 points and seven assists as No. 25 DePaul edged No. 16 Notre Dame, 81-80, in Big East Conference action on Tuesday.
DePaul (14-4, 3-2 Big East) led by two points at the half and never trailed during the second half despite 19 turnovers leading to 26 points for Notre Dame.
The Blue Demons led by as many as 10 early in the second half but was clinging to a one-point lead after Charel Allen made a free throw for the Fighting Irish with 23 seconds left.
Quigley made two free throws to push the DePaul advantage to 83-80 and Notre Dame's Brittany Mallory was fouled and made a pair of foul shots to pull the Irish within two with seven seconds left.
After DePaul turned it over, Holly Medley stole Notre Dame's inbounds pass and ran out the rest of the clock, securing the win for the Blue Demons.
Ashley Barlow scored a career-high 23 points for the Irish (15-4, 3-2), who are 3-3 in their last six games after a 12-1 start.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DEPAUL (25) 45 36 81
NOTRE DAME (16) 43 37 80 FINAL
Jan 22 10:10 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(25) DEPAUL 45
(16) NOTRE DAME 43 HALFTIME
Jan 22 8:51 PM
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20