Humphrey's 23 points leads Georgia past ArkansasFeb 8, 2008 - 5:58 AM FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas (Ticker) -- Tasha Humphrey scored 23 points to lead five players in double figures as No. 21 Georgia posted a 72-58 victory over Arkansas on Thursday in a Southeastern Conference contest.
Humphrey shot 8-of-15 from the floor and also grabbed nine rebounds to help the Lady Bulldogs bounce back from a 65-55 loss to Xavier on Wednesday.
Ashley Houts, Angela Puleo and Megan Darrah each scored 12 points for Georgia (17-6, 4-4 SEC), which shot 49 percent (24-of-49) from the floor.
The Lady Bulldogs also hit 19-of-23 free throws, 14 of which came in the second half to helped ice the game.
Brittney Vaughn scored 16 points for Arkansas (17-6, 2-6), which shot just 36 percent (21-of-58) from the floor.
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Tennessee women beat Arkansas 68-51 to bolster NCAA resume Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- No. 16 Kentucky women beat Arkansas 77-63 Feb 21
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- Warlick wins 100th as No. 23 Lady Vols beat Arkansas 75-57 Feb 4
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Feb 4