Adair's 27 leads George Washington past RichmondFeb 10, 2008 - 10:30 PM WASHINGTON (Ticker) -- Jessica Adair scored 27 points and Kim Beck added 18 to lead 13th-ranked George Washington to a 78-51 victory over Richmond Sunday in an Atlantic 10 matchup.
Antelia Parrish chipped in 12 points for the Colonials (19-4, 7-1 A-10), who went 23-of-28 from the free throw line - led by Adair's 11-of-12 effort - en route to their largest margin of victory in a conference battle this season.
George Washington forced 16 turnovers in the first half while jumping out to a 39-16 lead at the break. The Colonials outscored the Spiders in the paint 34-12 despite being outrebounded 45-40.
Brittani Shells scored 21 points on 8-of-22 shooting to lead Richmond (11-12, 4-4), which shot just 17-of-60 (28 percent) in the contest while turning the ball over 24 times.
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71 Nov 28
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT Nov 27
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78 Nov 26
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53 Nov 24
- No. 15 Stanford women beat 22nd-ranked George Washington Nov 21
- Zags pull upset of sixth-seeded Colonials Mar 20
- Two Richmond coaches presumed dead in balloon accident May 10