Fowles fuels LSU past KentuckyFeb 22, 2008 - 4:40 AM BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (Ticker) -- Sylvia Fowles had 14 points and 10 rebounds to help No. 6 Louisiana State win its 14th straight game by topping Kentucky, 52-48, in a Southeastern Conference game on Thursday.
Erica White scored 13 points for the Lady Tigers (23-3, 12-0), including the last two on a layup following a steal with the game tied at 48-48.
LSU hasn't lost to Kentucky (13-13, 7-5) since 1995, but the Lady Tigers' 13th straight victory over Kentucky was a struggle.
With the game tied at 48-48, White broke up a pass, grabbed the loose ball and went the length of the floor for the eventual game-winning score. Fowles closed out the scoring with a pair of free throws with 5.5 seconds remaining.
Samantha Mahoney scored 12 points for Kentucky, while Elliot finished with 11 and Eleia Roddy 10.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
KENTUCKY 15 33 48
LSU (6) 24 28 52 FINAL
Feb 21 10:01 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(6) LSU 24 HALFTIME
Feb 21 8:45 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18