Spears carries Colorado past Kansas StateFeb 24, 2008 - 5:47 AM BOULDER, Colorado (Ticker) -- Brittany Spears scored 20 points to lead a balanced attack as Colorado stunned No. 15 Kansas State, 73-68, in a Big 12 Conference battle on Saturday.
Jackie McFarland collected 19 points and seven rebounds and Bianca Smith poured in 17 for the Buffaloes, who earned their third win over a ranked opponent this season.
Colorado (15-11, 4-9 Big 12) shot 46 percent (23-of-49) from the field and forced 17 turnovers to put an end to Kansas State's seven-game road winning streak.
Shalee Lehning had 19 points and eight boards and Kimberly Dietz scored 16 for the Wildcats (18-8, 10-3).
- Colorado hires JR Payne as women's basketball coach Mar 28
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19
- Top seeded South Carolina led by dominating duo in NCAA play Mar 19
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- Colorado women's coach Linda Lappe resigns Mar 7
- No. 22 West Virginia women top Kansas St. in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- Washington women beat Colorado 67-51 in Pac-12 tourney Mar 4
- Baylor wins at least share of sixth-straight Big 12 crown Feb 27
- McPhee leads No. 15 Stanford women past Colorado 80-49 Feb 20
- Sanders sparks No. 8 Texas to 58-51 win over Kansas State Feb 17